The Prime Minister’s Office
The Prime Minister’s Office is a centre of Government institution and its focus is on Nationwide Policy Direction, National Leadership and Governance.
Therefore the functions of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) are as follows:
- Provide national leadership and direction in whole of Government policy development and facilitate implementation of Government priorities and programs;
- Provide executive support to the Prime Minister, Cabinet and nation as a whole to ensure effective operation of Cabinet and clear communication of Government decisions, policies, commitments and initiatives;
- Advise on strategy and planning to support the Prime Minister in his Leadership of Government and the nation as a whole;
- Provide policy advice support to the Prime Minister and the nation as a whole;
- Account nationwide for what Government does.