03 November, 2016
LAW WEEK 2016: RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
- The Attorney General’s Office wishes to inform the public that it will hold Law Week 2016 from Monday 7 to Friday 11 November 2016.
- The theme for Law Week 2016 will be the rights of persons with disabilities. The objective of Law Week 2016 is to inform the public of the rights provided in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which the Tongan Government has signed, and to discuss obligations and benefits and challenges of applying the Convention in Tonga.
- This will be the ninth year that the Attorney General’s Office has held Law Week.
- Law Week is delivered annually as part of the celebrations of the granting of the Constitution by the late King George Tupou I on 4 November 1875. It has been 141 years since then.
- Law Week will involve daily radio talkback shows from Radio FM 87.5 held at 5pm to 6.30pm from Monday to Friday.
- Members of the public are invited to contribute in this celebration of the rule of law in Tonga, and the potential of the law to help persons with disabilities have a better life in the Kingdom.
– ENDS –
Issued by the: ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE