Our Vision and Mission
To develop and promote a just, equitable and progressive society in which people of Tonga enjoy good health, peace, harmony and prosperity, in meeting their aspirations in life.
To promote good governance and provide excellent quality advice and services to the Prime Minister, Cabinet and the Nation and support the development, coordination and monitor the implementation of relevant policies effectively and efficiently.
The Prime Minister’s Office Vision and Mission are aligned to the National Impact and National Organisational Outcomes as outlined in the Second Tonga Strategic and Development Framework (TSDF II), as follows:
A more progressive Tonga supporting a higher quality of life for all.
National Organisational Outcomes
- More efficient, effective, affordable, honest, transparent and public service focused on clear priorities
- Appropriate decentralization of Government Administration with better scope for engagement with the public
- Modern and appropriate Constitution, Laws and Regulations reflecting international standards of democratic practices
- Improved working relations and coordination between Privy Council, Executive, Legislative Assembly and Judiciary
- Improved Law and Order and domestic security appropriately applied
- Improved Political and Defence engagement within the Pacific and the rest of the world
- Improved collaboration with the development partners